Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Sir Walter Scott snuffs back in stockSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Sir Walter Scott back in stock

What's In Your Nose? #13

Comments

• ar47ar47 Member
    Toque Rustica alkalized
  • F&T Seville, last snuff of the day for me.
  • Royal George
  • ALLexALLex Member
    Toque Violet 
  • Medium-coarsely ground Kentucky 15 + non-fermented Perique, 17% moist and slightly oiled, scented with tonka bean. 3% potash, 3% salt.
  • A bit a assortment this afternoon but largely WoS SM, Rosinski Klippenritt and a little SNUV Rusty Trombone - All great but I feel like I need a little 'dark' now I think. 
  • McChrystals Violet
  • ar47ar47 Member
    Navy Sweet on top of a Gawith Black base
  • @volunge hello my friend,can you please give a little description of these tobaccos?
    Kentucky 15 and non-fermented perique(never heard of that)
    this mix sounds very interesting!
  • Fribourg & Treyer Patchouli
  • periqueperique Member
    White Elephant followed by Toque Spanish Gem
  • Gawith Hoggarth CM. Early days for me with this but as a camphor fan am really enjoying.
  • ar47ar47 Member
    I'm at it again. Start with a base of Poschl black on each side, then pinches of Navy Sweet to follow. Poschl serves as a fly trap for the dry, fine scotch
  • periqueperique Member
    McChrystals Clove
  • mrmanosmrmanos Member
    NTSU green and Mc Chrystal’s O&G!
  • SG Raspberry here, relaxing after a long working day.
  • ALLexALLex Member
    Toque Quit  and  F&T High Dry all morning 
  • periqueperique Member
    Fribourg & Treyer Old Paris
  • ALLexALLex Member
    Toque Violet 
  • Jaxons SP Premium
  • periqueperique Member
    Toque Spanish Gem
  • ar47ar47 Member
    FUBAR Willie Pete. Chalky. Just OK. Fixing my nose now with Navy Sweet
  • Rosinski Poltergeist for most of the day.
  • SG Chocolate in a cool sunday morning for me.
  • ar47ar47 Member
    RR Mills Sweet
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited April 4 PM
    @tobaccobob, Perique without a proper barrel fermentation is nothing to write home about. I received small samples of some different tobacco varieties, last year's crop, grown at 56 N, including this Perique. It's raw, only dried / colour cured in the attic, thus rather mild in all departments, low nicotine content is perhaps down to the northern climate. It smelled slightly fishy and hay-sweet.

I actually got two samples of each variety - one of raw and one of jar-fermented (14 days with 20% moisture at about 50C). As expected, all fermented tobaccos were more enjoyable, but to Perique (and Harmanli, Golden Virginia, Kentucky 15) such short jar fermentation didn't do much... yes, that fishy note disappeared and hay note became a little bit sweeter, but it still lacked the typical flavour of properly cured tobacco.

Out of all samples I really enjoyed two Ukrainian varieties - Spektr and Ternopolski 14. Fermented in jar, they smelled very pleasant and snuff made from them retained that aroma (especially Ternopolski 14). Nicotine - close to medium.

Kentucky 15 (aka Burley KY-15) was rather bland (it just asked to be scented) and low in nicotine. All these varieties (bar Ternopolski 14) developped rather thin leaves, too thin for snuff, actually. That's why I added some oil.
  • Jaxons 1869
  • Viking Dark Rappee Largely today... 

• J&H Top Mill
  • Ozona Orange this evening